Friday, February 20, 2009

Dice cake







I just finished this cake today and had to get it on the website. It turned out great and I am very excited about it. The customer wanted a dice theme. The dice and the black circle are made with gum paste. They turned out great, they look like real dice. The cake itself is a two layer 8 x 8 inch marble square cake with buttercream frosting and buttercream fondant covering the cake.
I searched the web trying to figure out how to make true black and red fondant. These are extremely difficult colors to get. Anyway, with a lot of coloring, I finally got the red to look red. I got a hint from google for the black. Someone said to start with chocolate fondant. That is what I did and it worked. Anyway, I hope you enjoy looking. Have a great day












No comments:

Post a Comment